Many people are project managers but few exhibit project leadership skills. Project leadership is one of the dimensions that differentiates effective project managers from non-effective project managers. Being a leader requires more than managing the mechanics of a project.
Effective leaders inspire and motivate their teams among other things. Improving your project leadership is a journey of continuous improvement and starts with self assessment, establishing a plan for personal growth, developing their teams, assessing your project leadership attributes and skills, generating a focus on customers, and fostering collaboration to generate creative solutions.
During this 6 part webinar series you will learn:
- How to assess your project leadership skills in the area of team focus and support
- How to select which decision-making style to use
- Developmental activities for improving your team focus and support
- Ways to improve habits that hold you back from being an effective leader
- How to recognize the stages of team development and the chemistry for team formation
- Keys for overcoming 5 dysfunctions of a team
- How to identify your internal and external customers and understand their needs and expectations
- How to encourage and lead collaborative activities with your team and on your projects
All webinars in this series align to the PMI Talent Triangle – Leadership