You’re a project manager and have been asked to manage people who don’t actually report to you. The people working on your project are “borrowed” from other areas within your organization.
So, you’re faced with managing projects in a matrix management environment. Your authority, control and influence on the project has different challenges based on the type of matrix organization structure you are working in. But, what is matrix management exactly and, what are of the challenges you’re going to face and will need to overcome in order to succeed on your project?
During this 2 part webinar series we will
- Define matrix management and the three major types of organization structures and how they influence your ability to effectively manage teams
- Review the activities you must master and the challenges that you must overcome in a matrix managed environment
- Discuss project activities that have to be completed with participation by other people
- Cover techniques for resolving the challenges that we all face when we’re matrix managing team members
- Clarify how to ensure team buy-in, ownership, and accountability, responsiveness to requests for action,
- Walk through the appropriate and effective escalation processes
All webinars in this series align to the PMI Talent Triangle – Leadership