Do you know what your personal management philosophy is?
- Are aware of how your management style and behavior affect those you are working with?
- Do you empower or do you intimidate people who work with you?
- Are you able to communicate effectively in a global and virtual environment?
Many managers get bogged down in the myriad of activities, projects, meetings, people-related responsibilities, etc. which they are expected to address on a day-to-day basis. Making the right decisions at the right times is an integral part of the responsibility of being a manager.
You probably know lots of different managers, all of whom have different management styles. Some run a tight, strict ship and others are more casual. Your management style and behavior will influence performance of your team, impact communication, and affect the decision-making process.
Combine this with the fact that many of us are working in a virtual environment, with employees scattered all over the world. This fuels the need to changes in communication techniques you may have learned earlier in your career.
During this 4 part webinar series, tools and techniques are shared for understanding, then using, your personal management philosophy to obtain the best possible performance from your team including:
- Keys to empowering yourself as a manager and giving the right level of authority to your team members.
- Making decisions, including unilateral and team decision making, to engage your team in the ownership of the decision making process
- Understanding the impacts of different management styles and behaviors
- Managing your virtual communications using such tools as instant messaging, e-mail, and web meetings to overcome new communication barriers
All webinars in this series align to the PMI Talent Triangle – Leadership