In order to effectively motivate a team to evolve into a High Performing Team, the Project Manager must first understand the current state of development the project team is currently in. All teams go through a natural 4 part maturity process, with each process serving its own purpose for enabling people to grow into productive teams.
A Project Manager needs to delegate levels of decision making authority to their team, but knowing how much authority to let go is often a challenge. Project Managers need to understand how to engage their teams in ways that produce effective meetings and also how to measure the teams’ progress as they transition from an initial team of good performers to a High -Performing Team.
As teams progress through the journey of becoming a High Performing Team, the Project Manager has several key techniques they can leverage to overcome the barriers the team will face in the areas of communication and decision making.
During this 2 part webinar series, you will learn:
- Techniques to assess the level of maturity their team is in and how to anticipate the challenges the team may have as they
participate in project meetings.
- How to evaluate, survey and measure the team’s growing effectiveness in 5 key areas
- How to adapt the method of decision making based on the team’s abilities
- Key requirements for ensuring meetings are effective for all levels of team maturity
- How to enhance decision making through the use of consensus based decisions
- How to use Lessons Learned activities to continue the growth and adapt the actions of high performing teams
- How to not only assess the satisfaction of the customer but also engage the customer in communicating what their needs are
All webinars in this series align to the PMI Talent Triangle – Technical