Having project stakeholders complete make decisions in a timely manner and complete project work can have varied results from project to project and team to team. Studies have shown that quality and timeliness of project work increases dramatically when collaborative meetings are used to bring the “right stakeholders” together to make decisions and create deliverables on projects.
Knowing how to effectively leverage the power of collaborative meetings is a skill that every Project Manager should have in their toolbox. The use of a brainstorming activity is a high energy and powerful way to uncover hundreds of ideas during meetings. However, understanding how to capture what those rapidly collected ideas really meant to the stakeholders, before the meaning is forgotten, is where the real value and power of brainstorming is leveraged.
During this 3 part webinar series, students will learn how to structure project meetings, select the right participants, and collaboratively create project deliverables in a real time environment during their meetings. They will learn how to avoid common mistakes which sabotage a brainstorm activity, and
how to leverage the concept of progressive elaboration which results in clarification of the project scope versus inadvertent or uncontrolled expansion of the project scope (aka, scope creep).
Learning objectives for the Collaboration Series webinars include:
- Using collaborative meetings (JAD meetings) techniques to improve the quality of project deliverables
- Enabling project stakeholders to gain alignment and buy-in on their project decisions
- Knowing who the “right” project stakeholders are for project meetings
- Using Ground Rules for managing stakeholder participation and improving project meeting results
- Structure brainstorming sessions to collect ideas in collaborative meetings
- Use questioning techniques to drive clarity and increase buy in of brainstormed ideas
- Structuring progress elaboration meeting activities to expand the depth of knowledge for a project need without expanding the scope of the project effort
All webinars in this series align to the PMI Talent Triangle – Technical